Saturday, November 10, 2007

Death and Life...

Isn't it interesting when someone dies and you think about their life? The fact that they aren't going to be around really has more affect on us then what they will do now that their dead. It's the nothingness they will now do as compared to the things they did do. Yet, If there was someone who really didn't do anything good when they were alive then they may not be missed. The things we miss are the things that changed our hearts or made an impact or things like that. Focusing on their life makes us sad. (It is interesting how the death of a man you barely know can make you wonder about all these things.) It kind of makes me wish I had known him better... but would that have made any difference? probably not. because after we die, we aren't worrying about the things of our life on earth. we aren't going to say "so-in-so said this-n-that to me and it really made me happy."
This man now gets the privilege of staring Jesus in the eyes. Thus, the tragedy is neither his life or death, yet both are a celebration.

But what about those people that never get spoken to about Jesus. Are they going to take all their good deeds to God and say "please let me in..." Death is coming for ALL OF US. yes.. ALL of us. we can't stop it. Yes, it's good for us because we know the truth but what about the other billions of people on this plannet? I remember a tragedy of a young boy (16) who died from meningitis. He was only grade behind me in school and I didn't really know him that well. (but I knew his sister.) A COMPETE AND UTTER tragedy! Tragedy in this young boy's life and death. Upon hearing the truth about Jesus refused to accept it and then dying only to his own condemnation. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that picture? If only someone had been persistent? could God have changed his life? BLEH. it should make Christians SICK to hear that people are dying and being condemned. but it doesn't.... <- that makes me sick....

No comments: